- Your insurance broker should be able to provide you with the best guidance as to how to complete your production, whether you are able to hire in replacement kit, and how to settle the claim on the best terms available.
In the event of a claim
Here are a few tips to help you deal with a claim, and make the process smoother!
It is well known that it is the claims process that reveals whether your broker or the policies you have, were any good.
If you have a policy which meets all of your needs and protects you from the all likely risks, when you make a claim, the financial help and support from your broker, would be of great help.
Here are a few things to do which can make the claims process easier for all:
- Keep calm and don’t accept liability!
- Call the appropriate emergency services, if needed
- Advise the person designated on your call sheet
- Advise your insurance broker as soon as possible, and follow their guidance
- Collect as much information about the claim whilst it is still fresh in your memory
- Gather witness details, and swap details with the Third Party, if applicable
- If you are claiming for a damaged item, you should not dispose of this until advised that it is OK to do so by your broker/insurer.
- Take pictures, if possible
- Collate invoices, purchase receipts etc. (if for kit)
- Advise the hire company (if hired kit) and check whether there is continuing hire payable, and when they’re payable from
- Try to ascertain the value of the claim
- Do whatever you need to reduce the damage or possibility of further loss
- Continue with your production, if appropriate & possible
- If you receive any correspondence from a Third Party, forward it on to your broker/insurer immediately, unanswered.
Your insurance broker should be able to provide you with the best guidance as to how to complete your production, whether you are able to hire in replacement kit, and how to settle the claim on the best terms available.
At Performance we have a friendly dedicated team who also handle all the claims we receive.
If you have any further questions, feel free to get in touch with the Performance Team!